LEA’s BOX aims at
- making educational assessment and appraisal more goal-oriented, proactive, and beneficial for students
- enabling formative support of teachers and other educational stakeholders on a solid basis of a wide range of information about learners.
LEA’s BOX is a learning analytics toolbox that is intended to enable educators to perform competence-centered, multi-source learning analytics based on
- the foundations of sound psycho-pedagogical models,
- intelligent model-based reasoning services,
- innovative visualization techniques, and
- tailored to the very concrete demands and requirements of teachers and learners.
LEA’s BOX received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration.